Terms and Conditions of Sale
Absolut Art AB
Organization no. 556934-4947
VAT no. SE556934494701
Address: Marieviksgatan 19b, 117 97 STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN
Our Return/Refund Policy
14-Day Money-Back Guarantee:
Subject to the exceptions set forth below, if for any reason you are not completely satisfied with the item of your purchase, you may return it within 14 days of receipt of delivery for a full refund of the purchase price (including sales tax) you actually paid for the item, but excluding the shipping and delivery charges you paid for the item which are NOT refundable UNLESS your return is due to a defect covered by our Limited Warranty (see the “Limited Warranty” section of these Terms). Also, you are responsible for the cost of shipping a returned item to us, and Absolut Art will not reimburse you UNLESS your return is due to a defect covered by our Limited Warranty. We do not charge restocking fees for returns.
To return an item, you must follow these steps:
- Complete the return form that is included with the item you received.
- Ship the item in its original condition and in the original box, together with the completed Return form and a copy of the purchase receipt, to the return address indicated below. We strongly encourage you to return the item via a reliable, insured and trackable shipping method.
For a properly returned item, we will typically process refund as quickly as possible but within 30 days of receiving the item. If you paid for the item with a credit card, the refund will be issued to your card.
For return related questions, please contact us at email@example.com and we will provide you with all information needed.
The following items are NOT returnable or refundable:
- Personalized items, or items produced according to customer specifications.
- Items that have been altered or damaged by customers.
- Items that are marked “As Is”, “All Sales Final”, “No Returns Accepted” or with similar language.
The terms and conditions set forth herein do not limit any applicable statutory rights you may have.
To Place An Order
By placing an order on this Site, you acknowledge and agree to the following:
- You must be at least 18 years of age to create an account and make a purchase on this Site. If Absolut Art suspects that you are abusing your account on this Site or that you are in violation of any of these Terms, Absolut Art has the right to suspend or terminate your account and cancel or reject all your orders.
- By placing an order on this Site, you are making an offer to purchase from Absolut Art. A purchase agreement is concluded only when Absolut Art has confirmed your order. All orders are subject to acceptance in Absolut Art’s sole discretion. Absolut Art reserves the right to refuse or cancel any order for any reason.
- See the “Payment” section for available payment options. By placing an order on this Site, you represent and warrant that:
- all personal data (including payment information) provided by you is truthful and accurate;
- the credit card or bank account you use to pay for your order has sufficient funds to cover the full transaction amount of your order (i.e., purchase price plus applicable taxes, shipping/handling charges, and other transaction fees), and is active and has not expired or been canceled; and
- you are the holder (or an authorized user) of the credit card or bank account you use to pay for your order, and you authorize the full transaction amount of your order to be charged to your card or bank account.
- All orders are subject to product availability. Absolut Art does not guarantee the availability of any artwork item displayed on this Site. Absolut Art reserves the right, without notice or liability to you, to change, discontinue or stop the offering of any item.
- You are responsible for all taxes applicable to your purchase. In the shopping cart you will see the total purchase amount and an itemization of what it consists of, including applicable sales taxes and shipping/delivery charges.
- Product and price information displayed on this Site is subject to change. While Absolut Art strives to display product and price information on this Site as accurately as possible, errors may and do occur. If we discover an error in the product or price information of an item you have ordered, we will notify you as soon as possible and will give you the option of reconfirming your order based on the corrected information or cancelling your order. If your order is canceled and you have already paid for the item, you will be refunded.
- Absolut Art is not responsible or liable for: items being sold out or out of stock; any image or typographical error on this Site; incorrect prices and price adjustments (such as currency fluctuations); or misinformation regarding whether an item is in stock. Absolut Art has the right to correct any error and change or update any information on this Site at any time.
- We ask you to respect the intellectual property rights of Absolut Art and individual artists whose artworks are offered for sale on this Site. See the “Intellectual Property Rights” section below for more information.
By creating an account on this Site, you represent and warrant that all registration information you submit to Absolut Art is your own information and is truthful and accurate. It is your responsibility to notify Absolut Art of any changes in your account information, including your contact information. As an account holder, you are responsible for safeguarding your account access information and are responsible for all use of your username and/or password and must keep these details secure. If you allow others to use your account, you are responsible for all their activities (including purchases) on your account. You shall immediately notify Absolut Art if you suspect that an unauthorized person has access to your account. Upon receipt of such notification, Absolut Art has the right to suspend your account and assign you new login credentials.
Intellectual Property Rights
This Site is owned by Absolut Art. All contents and materials on this Site (including all artworks offered for sale on this Site) are owned by Absolut Art or its licensors (e.g., individual artists/galleries) and are protected by intellectual property and other laws in the United States of America and other countries. This means that all trademarks, service marks, trade names, logos, product names, product/artwork descriptions, artist biographies, photos, images, graphics, artworks, designs, layout and information about products, services and other content may not be copied, distributed or used without the prior written authorization of Absolut Art.
Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, no artwork purchased from this Site may be reproduced, whether in whole or in part, in any medium (including reproduction in electronic or digital format and reproduction on merchandise or useful articles) without the prior written authorization of Absolut Art. If you purchase an item of artwork from this Site, U.S. law allows you to publicly display that particular item and to sell or transfer your possession of that particular item to another. However, you have no right under the law to make copies from or otherwise reproduce the artwork, and any unauthorized copying or reproduction is expressly prohibited.
Absolut Art offers the following payment methods:
Secure payment with VISA or MasterCard. Absolut Art together with our partner Adyen provides a safe way for card payments and meets the requirements of PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Security Standard). No payment information is shared with Absolut Art. Adyen effectuates the payment from Your card when the product has left the warehouse.
Our 60-Day Limited Warranty
Absolut Art warrants the material and workmanship of artwork items sold on this Site for a period of 60 days from the date of your receipt of delivery, subject to the following conditions and limitations:
What Is Covered by This Warranty?
This warranty covers only a visible damage or defect in material and workmanship (such as frame breakage, paper tear, discoloration, etc.).
What Is Not Covered by This Warranty?
This warranty does NOT cover damage that results from mishandling, misuse, or improper storage while under customers’ possession or control.
Is This Warranty Transferable?
No. This warranty extends to the original purchaser only and is NOT transferable. This warranty terminates if the original purchaser sells or transfers the possession of the item to another.
How Long Does This Warranty Last?
60 days from the date of your receipt of delivery. However, if the original purchaser sells or transfers the possession of the item to another during such 60-day period, this warranty terminates immediately upon such sale or transfer.
How to File A Warranty Claim
To file a claim under this warranty, please follow these steps:
- Take a digital photo of the item that clearly shows the damaged or defective area.
- Please send the photo to Absolut Art via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You will receive an email from Absolut Art within 5 business days regarding your claim and the next step. NOTE: Absolut Art reserves the right to require that you provide additional information and/or proof to substantiate your claim, and you acknowledge and agree that Absolut Art may deny your claim should you fail to provide such additional information or proof.
What Will We Do With A Warranty Claim?
Upon acceptance and processing of your warranty claim, Absolut Art will make the necessary arrangement with you for, at your election, either (i) a replacement of the damaged or defective item or (ii) a full refund of the entire purchase amount you paid for the damaged or defective item (including taxes and shipping/delivery charges).
Your Rights Under State Law
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.
Absolut Art ships to all 50 states and the District of Columbia in the United States of America.
Please note that shipments outside of the European Union may be subject to additional customs fees or import taxes. You are responsible for paying such additional fees and taxes.
The following is our standard shipping/delivery option:
Estimated Time for Delivery
Standard Shipping Charges
3-6 business days (excluding federal holidays)
We also offer special and expedited shipping/delivery options for additional costs. You can choose one of such options at checkout.
Delivery delays may occur due to causes beyond our control (such as bad weather, delays by carriers, etc.). If there is a delay in the delivery of an item you have purchased, Absolut Art will notify you and will give you the option of cancelling your order for a refund.
Damage/Loss During Transport
Absolut Art is responsible if the item is damaged or lost during shipment or transport from Absolut Art to You.
You are responsible if the product is damaged or lost during shipment or transport from You to Absolut Art, unless otherwise stated in these Terms.
Security and Privacy
Any information relating to personal and payment details are encrypted using SSL encryption for secure transmission.
Absolut Art is the data controller in respect of personal data relating to You which is processed by Absolut Art. As such, Absolut Art is responsible for treating Your personal data in compliance with applicable data protection legislation. You always have the right to request to see what personal data that has been registered with us as well as information on the extent and purpose of such processing. If any of Your personal data is incorrect or incomplete, You have the right to obtain the information changed or deleted. Absolut Art will keep Your personal data until You request that it be removed, or for as long as is permitted and/or required by applicable law, and will thereafter be deleted.
Absolut Art is not responsible for delays caused by circumstances outside of Absolut Art's control such as general labor conflict, war, fire, lightning strikes, terrorist attack, as amended agency regulation, technical problems, failure of electric/telephone/data links or other communications or fault or delays in services from subcontractors due to circumstances stated herein. These circumstances shall constitute grounds for freedom from liability and other sanctions. If such circumstances arise Absolut Art will inform You both in the beginning and also at the end of the period of the current situation. If the event lasts longer than two months; both You and Absolut Art are entitled to cancel the purchase with immediate effect.
Change of Contract Terms
Absolut Art reserves the right at any time to withdraw or modify these Terms. New conditions will be published on Absolut Art without notice. Changes apply from the time You have accepted these Terms (in conjunction with a new purchase or creation of a user account). Absolut Art recommends that You keep Yourself updated on this Site periodically to be aware of any changes to these Terms.
If a competent court or authority finds that any provision of these Terms is invalid or unenforceable, the provision in question and all other provisions shall remain in force and enforceable to the extent allowed by applicable law. The provisions declared invalid or unenforceable will be replaced by the relevant legal guidance and advice.
If we breach these Terms, we shall only be liable for losses which are a reasonable foreseeable consequence of such breach. We are not responsible for indirect losses, for example loss of profit. Our maximum liability to You for any loss or damage arising in connection with Your order on this Site shall be limited to the total price of Your order.
Nothing in these Terms shall exclude or limit Absolut Art’s liability with regard to any matter for which it would be unlawful for us to limit or exclude our liability.
Governing Law and Disputes
These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York, without regard to its conflict of laws provisions. You and Absolut Art each hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the federal and state courts located in the State of New York, with respect to any dispute arising out of or relating to these Terms or any purchase you made on this Site.